Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review: The Long Fall


The Long Fall
The Long Fall by Walter Mosley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Highly engaging private eye procedural. I very much appreciated Walter Mosley's perspective on the current state of race relations in the Northeast. And he manages to provide his perspective without damaging the momentum of the plot.

Leonid McGill has a unique voice. And the fight scenes carried with them a sense of real danger.

My only complaint is with the mystery itself. For one thing, it was too easy, and for another, the steps the detective took to solve it didn't make a whole lot of sense.*

* Possible spoiler, but why on earth does the detective decide that the mental institution is clearly where the connection between killers happened. It seems like it could have been anywhere. I would have started with the victims....



View all my reviews