Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street


Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street by Warren Ellis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Warren Ellis is not for everyone. But for those who can take constant exposure to bizarre, perverse, evil, and just plain weird ideas, he has a lot to say and some of it might even be important. In particular its take on the government, the news, corporations, and the weird interplay between them is highly relevant today. And beyond Warren Ellis's flood of ideas, the art is freaking amazing.

Not all of the episodes resonated with me (I just didn't get The one with the president and the bowel disruptor (no, I'm not making this up.)) but the ones that did I found to be top notch entertainment.




View all my reviews